Quickbooks is a platform to maintain the financial activities of a business. This software has numerous features that a QB user will use to maintain accounting and bookkeeping for every small and mid-sized company around the world. This software has also a feature that allows more than one user at a time to work on the same file simultaneously. This feature is called Multi-user mode and sometimes QB users face errors within this feature too. QB users often face Quickbooks multi-user mode not working error that creates chaos within the system. This post is all about the multi-user mode error and also solutions to fix this error easily.
What is QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working Error?
Multi-user mode is a useful feature for QuickBooks users since it allows many people to work on the same company file at the same time. Each user must have a QuickBooks license installed on their desktop to utilize this program. Users may not be able to access corporate files concurrently in multi-user mode due to technical difficulties and failures. This issue usually occurs when users attempt to launch a server-based business file. Another difficulty that customers frequently encounter is that QuickBooks continues to operate in a single-user mode.
Factors of having Multi-user Mode Error
- The server does not have QuickBooks installed.
- Hosting settings that are incorrectly set up.
- The system firewall or antivirus software may be interfering with the connection between user PCs.
- The database server lacks the necessary permissions to access the QuickBooks company file.
- The file permissions in Windows are incorrectly configured.
- Your server PC does not have the QuickBooks database server management installed.
- The .ND file is damaged, corrupted, or wrong.
- Your QuickBooksDBXX services have yet to be launched.
Things To Consider Before QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Not Working Error
- Check Quickbooks database server manager is in ON mode
- Ensure you are logged in with Admin Rights and Verify the Windows File Permissions
Solutions To Fix Multi-User Mode Not Working Error
Follow the below instruction as directed within the method to fix the multi-user mode issue.
1: Run File Doctor Quickbooks
- Download Quickbooks File doctor through the official site of Intuit
- Now save the downloaded file and run it on qbfd.exe for the installation process
- After that, follow the on-screen prompt and accept the terms and condition page to complete the installation process
- Once the installation completes, open the tool
- Now select the company file that needs diagnosis through the Drop-down button
- After that enter the admin passwords and hit the scan button to initiate the scanning process
- Once the scanning completes, close the tool
2: Use Quickbooks database Server manager
- By entering the database in the Start menu, visit QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server.
- If you’re having trouble finding folder locations, try using “Browse” to find the folder where the company files are located.
- Finally, press OK, then the Scan button.
- The permissions on the firewall should be fixed after following these procedures. Check whether the issue with multi-user mode not working has been fixed now.
3: Make Sure the Quickbooks Services Are Running
- Search for service.msc in the Windows search box.
- Check to see if the QuickBooksDBXX service is listed in the Services window. If the service is not available, do the following actions. –
- If you’re going to utilize Database Server Manager, make sure it’s installed on the server first. QuickBooks Desktop (for various years) to be installed on the PC, along with the appropriate Database Server Manager.
- Hosting must be enabled on the server if the entire application is executed on the system.
- The value should display Automatic inside Startup type on the screen after double-clicking the QuickBooksDBXX service. The service can be started by pressing the Start button or by pressing the Run button.
- Under the Recovery tab, choose to restart the QuickBooksDBXX service for the first, second, and subsequent failures.
- For the QBCFMonitorService, repeat the same steps written above 1 through 4.
4: Verify Host Mode on all The User Computer
- Start your computer and select QuickBooks File, then Utilities from the QuickBooks File menu. Go to a different computer if you see Host Multi-User Access on the list.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User Access appears on the list, choose it and turn off hosting to enable QuickBooks single-user mode.
- Check if the multi-user mode not working problem has been repaired after ensuring that the hosting mode has been switched off on all user PCs.
The above piece of pieces of information are double-checked and verified by the experts of Quickbooks. Hopefully, the solutions are worth reading for you and help you to resolve the Quickbooks multi-user mode not working error. The QB file doctor is the foremost solution to fix it but if it gets futile you can choose any solution explained above and go to the Quickbooks file doctor for further information.