Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a government scheme launched with the primary aim to make affordable housing available for the economically weaker section of the Indian population. This scheme was launched in June 2015 with an objective to extend ‘housing for all’ by 2022. Concerning this, the government has put together a PM Awas Yojana list, which includes the names of the applicants selected under this scheme.
This list details the list of beneficiaries chosen under the two components of the scheme – PMAY rural and PMAY urban. It is crucial to check eligibility and know in-depth about this scheme before applying for it.
It is also advised to have an idea about how to check the online PMAY list beforehand.
Ways to check the PMAY list online
- One needs to visit the PMAY official website and click on the advanced search option.
- This is for individuals without a registration number. They need to fill up the required field with details like name, BPL number, sanction order and guardian’s name.
- After entering relevant details, one needs to click on the search option.
- If the borrower’s name is on the PM Awas Yojana list, it will appear.
- Alternatively, one can also visit PMAY GOV IN and enter the registration number, click on the select beneficiary option and enter the first three characters of the borrower’s name.
Moreover, an applicant can take full benefits of this scheme by availing a home loan from reputed financial institutions to finance the construction of a house.
All home loans availed under this scheme will grant interest subsidies to borrowers. However, the percentage of subsidy and benefits will depend upon certain PMAY eligibility criteria.
Various slabs for PMAY to check eligibility
- Economically Weaker Sections/Low-Income Groups
- Borrowers cannot own a pucca house anywhere in the country.
- A female member in the family should be appointed as a sole owner or joint owner of the property.
- The property should follow the government guidelines of towns and cities.
- The annual income of applicants should be between Rs.3 lakh – Rs.6 lakh to be eligible for this category.
- Medium Income Group – I
- An individual should have an annual income between Rs.6 lakh – Rs.12 lakh to successfully qualify for the PM Awas Yojana list.
- This scheme can also be used to access financing for repair and renovation.
- Loan tenor within which one can enjoy the interest subsidy is 20 years.
- One cannot subscribe to any government-aided housing scheme while utilizing this scheme.
- Medium Income Group – II
- Under PM Awas Yojana, one can enjoy an interest subsidy for a long tenor of up to 20 years.
- Individuals with an annual household income between Rs.12 lakh – Rs.18 lakh can apply under this category.
- In the case of funding repair and renovation, one can utilize this scheme.
- The borrower or his/his family cannot own a pucca house in the country.
If an individual manages to fulfill the PMAY eligibility criteria, he/she can easily qualify for the list.
Additionally, one must also have a clear idea about how PMAY eases a borrower’s way to become a successful homeowner.
Nonetheless, if an individual fails to satisfy the eligibility criteria, he/she can alternatively opt for a home loan from any of the leading HFCs in the country.
Financial institutions often extend pre-approved offers on these home loans that can make availing them faster and easier. These offers are also available on loans against property. You can check your pre-approved offer by entering basic details like name and number.
Home loans, available against low-interest rates, can help to finance the purchase of a house without posing as a burden on one’s finances.
PMAY list for the urban population
To the check PMAY list and understand whether you can apply for the scheme this year, you need to follow a few steps –
- Individuals need to visit the official website of PMAY(U).
- Next, applicants need to go to the “search beneficiary” option and select “search by name” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, prospective applicants need to enter the first 3 characters of their name mentioned in the form and click on the “Show” option.
- In doing so, results will appear on the screen, and one can look for their name and check further details.
Once their name appears under the list, individuals can check how they can get a house via PMAY.
However, if an applicant fails to appear on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list, they can apply for a home loan extended by reputed housing finance companies with flexible repayment tenor and competitive interest rate.
Few top financial institutions facilitate borrowers with pre-approved offers that simplify and accelerate the loan application process. Such offers are available on several financial products such as home loans, loans against property, and more. Prospective applicants can check their pre-approved offer by submitting their name and contact information.
Hence, if they manage to satisfy the requisite eligibility requirements, a large percentage of India’s financially challenged section may have access to affordable housing.
Also read about- madras rockers net